To do so, one of our Zale Maritime Clearing Professionals will be contacting you shortly to conduct a short questionnaire and prepare you to clear customs and immigration.
Prior to Departing for The Bahamas
*Please note: testing requirements have changed for vaccinated travelers
STEP 1: Testing Requirements
- Effective immediately , a Bahamas citizen or resident who is fully vaccinated – after receiving their second dose – will be exempted from COVID-19 testing requirements when traveling inter-island from Nassau & Paradise Island and Grand Bahama.
- Effective August 6th, 2021, visitors traveling to The Bahamas from other countries who are fully vaccinated will now be required to obtain a COVID-19 test (Rapid Antigen Test or PCR), with a negative result, within five days of arrival in The Bahamas.
- Unvaccinated travelers entering The Bahamas and/or those traveling inter-island from Nassau & Paradise Island or Grand Bahama Island must obtain a negative COVID-19 PCR (swab) test taken no more than 5 days prior to the date of arrival. Test must return a negative result for entry into The Bahamas.
- Effective August 6th, 2021, Children ages 2 and 11, and pilots and crew of commercial airlines who remain overnight in The Bahamas are now required to obtain a COVID-19 test (Rapid Antigen Test of PCR) with a negative result, within five days of arrival in the Bahamas
- All children under the age of 2 are exempt from any testing requirements
- Negative PCR test results must be uploaded in order to complete a Bahamas Travel Health Visa application, and must be presented upon arrival in The Bahamas.
- Any person presenting test results older than 5 days will not be allowed entry into The Bahamas.
STEP 2: Bahamas Travel Health Visa Application
All persons traveling to The Bahamas, and those traveling inter-island, are required to apply for a Bahamas Travel Health Visa at travel.gov.bs.
- Fully vaccinated travelers will be required to upload valid proof of vaccination (such as CDC or government issued vaccine record card) in lieu of PCR test requirement.
- For international travelers, proof of vaccination must confirm they have passed the two-week immunity period.
- At this time The Bahamas Government will only be accepting vaccines by Pfizer Moderna, Johnson & Johnson and AstraZeneca
- Unvaccinated travelers will be required to upload their negative COVID-19 PCR test results. Tests must be taken no more than 5 days prior to the date of arrival.
*Unvaccinated Bahamian citizens or residents planning to travel abroad for five (5) days or less must secure a test in the destination they visited before travelling back to The Bahamas. Any PCR test taken in The Bahamas prior to travel will not be valid for re-entry.
ALL TRAVELLERS: VACCINATED AND UNVACCINATED
- As part of the Bahamas Travel Health Visa application, travelers will be required to opt-in to COVID-19 health insurance that covers them for the duration of their stay in The Bahamas. The cost of insurance is included in the Bahamas Travel Health Visa application fee.
- Bahamas Travel Health Visa applications take up to 48 hours to process and should be completed with adequate lead time.
- The cost of the Bahamas Travel Health Visa is dependent on length of stay and vaccination status.
- All travelers eighteen (18) years of age and older are required to complete an individual Bahamas Travel Health Visa.
- Persons seventeen (17) years and younger are to add a profile within the account of their parent or guardian.
Once you have provided all necessary documents to your Zale professional, they will ensure you a carefree clearing experience and be at the dock island-side to greet you.